BAFTA AWARD-WINNER JAMIE BELL JOINS APPLE ORIGINAL THRILLER “SHINING GIRLS”
- Jamie Bell (Rocketman, Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool, Billy Elliot) will star alongside Emmy Award-winner Elisabeth Moss and Wagner Moura in “Shining Girls,” a new metaphysical thriller based on the 2013 best-selling novel by Lauren Beukes. The series will be adapted for television and executive produced by Silka Luisa, who also serves as showrunner.
- Bell will play the role of ‘Harper,’ a mysterious loner with a surprising connection to Moss's Kirby.
- He joins a cast that includes Elisabeth Moss, who will star as a Chicago reporter who survived a brutal assault only to find her reality shifting as she hunts down her attacker; and Wagner Moura who will play ‘Dan,’ a veteran journalist breaking the widening story of a copycat attack.
- “Shining Girls” hails from MRC Television. In addition to starring, Moss executive produces through Love & Squalor Pictures, alongside Lindsey McManus. Leonardo DiCaprio serves as executive producer through Appian Way alongside Jennifer Davisson. Author Lauren Beukes and Alan Page Arriaga will also serve as executive producers on the project.
- The series will make its global debut on Apple TV+ alongside highly anticipated Apple Originals including “Physical,” a new dramedy from creator Annie Weisman and starring and executive produced by Rose Byrne that will premiere this summer; “The Last Thing He Told Me" starring Julia Roberts and written by Oscar winner Josh Singer and Laura Dave; “High Desert” from creator and writer Nancy Fichman and starring and executive produced by Patricia Arquette; “Lessons in Chemistry” starring and executive produced by Brie Larson and written and executive produced by written by Susannah Grant; the second season of Emmy, Critics Choice and SAG award-winning and Golden Globe Award-nominated series “The Morning Show”; the second season of NAACP Image Award-winning “Truth Be Told” from creator Nichelle Tramble Spellman and starring Octavia Spencer and Kate Hudson, and more.
- Apple TV+ is available on the Apple TV app in over 100 countries and regions, on over 1 billion screens, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac, select Samsung, LG, Sony and VIZIO smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices, Chromecast with Google TV, PlayStation and Xbox consoles, and at tv.apple.com, for $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. For a limited time, customers who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free. This special offer is good for three months after the first activation of the eligible device.
- Bell is repped by 3Arts, UTA and Sloane Offer Weber Dern.