- Peacock’s mystery, case-of-the-week series “Poker Face” has been renewed for a second season. “Poker Face” is T-Street's two-time Academy Award nominee Rian Johnson and Ram Bergman’s first television series and is produced by MRC Television, along with multiple Emmy nominated executive producer and star Natasha Lyonne, under her production banner Animal Pictures.
- Season one premiered on Jan. 26 to rave reviews and quickly became certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes (99% critic score), including:
- “The crime show of the year” - Entertainment Weekly
- “A whodunit fan’s delight” - The Hollywood Reporter
- “A triumph” - Decider
- “Damned clever” - Rolling Stone
- “Natasha Lyonne is unforgettable” - NPR
- Episode 107 “The Future of the Sport” airs on Feb. 16 with new episodes dropping Thursdays through March 9, including Episode 108 “The Orpheus Syndrome” co-written and directed by Lyonne.
- “’Poker Face’ is one of those rare, undeniable shows that we all fell in love with from the start, but the critical acclaim and viewer response has been beyond our wildest dreams,” said Susan Rovner, Chairman, Entertainment Content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “Working alongside the creative genius of Rian Johnson, Natasha Lyonne, and Ram Bergman, along with our partners at MRC and T-Street, has been a spectacular ride, and we can’t wait to hit the road for another season as we continue to build momentum across Peacock’s originals slate.”
- Season one featured executive producer and star Natasha Lyonne in addition to an A-list roster of guest stars, including Adrien Brody, Angel Desai, Audrey Corsa, Benjamin Bratt, Brandon Michael Hall, Charles Melton, Chelsea Frei, Cherry Jones, Chloë Sevigny, Clea DuVall, Colton Ryan, Danielle MacDonald, Dascha Polanco, Ellen Barkin, Hong Chau, Jasmine Aiyana Garvin, Jack Alcott, Jameela Jamil, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Judith Light, Leslie Silva, Lil Rel Howery, Luis Guzmán, Megan Suri, Niall Cunningham, Nicholas Cirillo, Nick Nolte, Reed Birney, Rhea Perlman, Ron Perlman, Rowan Blanchard, S. Epatha Merkerson, Shane Paul McGhie, Simon Helberg, Stephanie Hsu, Tim Blake Nelson, and Tim Meadows.
- The renewal of “Poker Face” joins the additional second seasons of Peacock Original series "Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin” "Bel-Air" "Wolf Like Me” "Killing it,” Dr. Death,” and "We Are Lady Parts.”
ABOUT POKER FACE SEASON 1:
“Poker Face” is a 10-episode mystery-of-the-week series following Natasha Lyonne’s Charlie, who has an extraordinary ability to determine when someone is lying. She hits the road with her Plymouth Barracuda and with every stop encounters a new cast of characters and strange crimes she can’t help but solve.
ABOUT SEASON 1:
Creator / Writer / Director / Executive Producer: Rian Johnson
Executive Producers: Ram Bergman, Natasha Lyonne, Nena Rodrigue and Iain B. MacDonald
Showrunners / Executive Producers: Nora Zuckerman and Lilla Zuckerman
Co-Executive Producers: Maya Rudolph and Danielle Renfrew Behrens
Studio and Produced By: T-Street and MRC Television
Produced By: Animal Pictures
Starring: Natasha Lyonne as Charlie Cale